PLEASE READ THESE FACTS FIRST:

  • Random House sued ME; not the other way around.
  • Random House filed suit to silence the facts I was posting on the web.
  • There has been NO trial on the facts, only the Random House effort to prevent a trial.
  • NO expert testimony was allowed despite three international plagiarism experts who were willing to testif that it existed.
  • The only sworn statements made under penalty of perjury are affidavits from me and my experts, nothing from RH.
  • The judge refused to consider any expert analysis.
  • Despite suing me first, Random House & Sony UNsuccessfully demanded that I pay the $310,000 in legal fees they spent to sue me.
  • Contrary to the Random House spin, I am not alleging plagiarism of general issues, but of several hundred very specific ones.
  • This is not about money. Anything I win goes to charity.

Legal filings and the expert witness reports are HERE

I have a second blog, Writopia
which focuses on Dan Brown's pattern of falsehoods
and embellishment of his personal achievements.


Friday, April 07, 2006

Dan Brown Wins in London

MSNBC has the first mention of what should be a tsunami of stories today.

As I pointed out in an earlier post, I felt that Baigent & Leigh made a weak case based on generalities. The fact that they had written a non-fiction book was the death-blow to their case.

The MSNBC story correctly stated that, "A victory by Baigent and Leigh would have challenged the concept that copyright protects the expression of an idea rather than the idea itself."

I agree which is why my case is based on lifting my expression. I have consistently said that despite Random House's falsehoods to the contrary.

As the court filings confirm, my work is fiction and my infringement case based on hundreds of concerted, coherent and substantial similarities too numerous and comprehensive to be coincidence.

A trial would reveal this, but Random House is using its multi-billion-dollar resources to game the court system to prevent the facts from being heard by a jury.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

Yeah saw it first thing. It will be interesting to see how they handle fiction on fiction. And then we can get into what constitutes expression.

Fri Apr 07, 08:08:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

I agree. Your book and their concepts are very dissimilar in content, where your book and Brown's dovetail too much to be seen as any coincidence, IMHO.

Fri Apr 07, 11:47:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home