PLEASE READ THESE FACTS FIRST:

  • Random House sued ME; not the other way around.
  • Random House filed suit to silence the facts I was posting on the web.
  • There has been NO trial on the facts, only the Random House effort to prevent a trial.
  • NO expert testimony was allowed despite three international plagiarism experts who were willing to testif that it existed.
  • The only sworn statements made under penalty of perjury are affidavits from me and my experts, nothing from RH.
  • The judge refused to consider any expert analysis.
  • Despite suing me first, Random House & Sony UNsuccessfully demanded that I pay the $310,000 in legal fees they spent to sue me.
  • Contrary to the Random House spin, I am not alleging plagiarism of general issues, but of several hundred very specific ones.
  • This is not about money. Anything I win goes to charity.

Legal filings and the expert witness reports are HERE

I have a second blog, Writopia
which focuses on Dan Brown's pattern of falsehoods
and embellishment of his personal achievements.


Thursday, April 06, 2006

Random House Lies, The Saga Continues

Because there are no perjury penalties for lawyers who lie in their court filings (a lie being distortions, misrepresentations, falsehoods, torturing facts by taking them out of conduct etc), it's not surprising that the Random House briefs are filled with them.

I've documented many of these before on this blog. And now, as we prepare for the appeals court hearing next week, (April 11 in New York City), more and more lies pop out as we go over the filings one more time.

I'll not deal with any major ones until after the hearing, but one which just popped out right now comes from Random House's Rule 56 statement, point 129 on page 31 of the .pdf: "There are no sex scenes in Da Vinci Code, just a simply kiss."

Hmmmm, no sex? Simple kiss?

Perhaps the RH lawyers never read Chapter 74 of DVC (p. 311):

"On a low, ornate altar in the center of the circle lay a man. He was naked, positioned on his back, and wearing a black mask. Sophie in-stantly recognized his body and the birthmark on his shoulder. She almost cried out. Grand-père! This image alone would have shocked Sophie beyond belief, and yet there was more.

"Straddling her grandfather was a naked woman wearing a white mask, her luxuriant silver hair flowing out behind it. Her body was plump, far from perfect, and she was gyrating in rhythm to the chanting—making love to Sophie’s grandfather."

Hmmm ... "No sex please, we're British," now becomes "No sex please, we're Random House's lawyers."

2 Comments:

Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Because there are no perjury penalties for lawyers who lie in their court filings... Wow! I didn't know this.

Hi Lewis! I'm someone that you corresponded with, via email, concerning Dan Brown's plagiarism. I did a story about you in my blog today, and mentioned this blog among other things, so you may be getting some other people popping by.

I continue to root for you, and still hope you will see some justice in this mess.

Fri Apr 07, 05:50:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Lewis Perdue said...

Thank you for your support.

Yes, I was surprised as well by the double standard for lawyers.

With all the verified lies in the Random House filings, I wanted to file an ethics complaint more than a year ago.

But was told that this goes on all the time and my complaint would go nowhere because ethics committees are made up of lawyers.

Random House has "gamed" the system well in a manner designed to keep the truth from coming out. Some of the slime leaked under their door in London, and what we have will be astounding ... and it will come out regardless of whether they thwart justice and block a trial.

But then, my lawyers have repeatedly told me over the past two years that "American courts are not about justice."

Fri Apr 07, 06:15:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home