PLEASE READ THESE FACTS FIRST:

  • Random House sued ME; not the other way around.
  • Random House filed suit to silence the facts I was posting on the web.
  • There has been NO trial on the facts, only the Random House effort to prevent a trial.
  • NO expert testimony was allowed despite three international plagiarism experts who were willing to testif that it existed.
  • The only sworn statements made under penalty of perjury are affidavits from me and my experts, nothing from RH.
  • The judge refused to consider any expert analysis.
  • Despite suing me first, Random House & Sony UNsuccessfully demanded that I pay the $310,000 in legal fees they spent to sue me.
  • Contrary to the Random House spin, I am not alleging plagiarism of general issues, but of several hundred very specific ones.
  • This is not about money. Anything I win goes to charity.

Legal filings and the expert witness reports are HERE

I have a second blog, Writopia
which focuses on Dan Brown's pattern of falsehoods
and embellishment of his personal achievements.


Wednesday, January 18, 2006

James Frey: An Amateur Compared with RH Lawyers

Random House will soon file their response to my appeals brief and you can be sure it will be filled with the same sorts of fiction presented as fact as they have consistently done in the past.

Compared with the RH lawyers' abilty to misrepresent fiction as fact, Random House/Doubleday author James "A Million Little Pieces" Frey is an amateur.

My appeals brief listed many of the falsehoods in RH filings. In addition, I gave many verified examples of their misrepresentations and outright fabrications in a number of blog posts last year.

The RH/Sony lawyer deviations rom rteality are too numerous to list completely here, but below are a few examples which will probably get re-treaded for the upcoming RH/Sony response to my appeal.

Yes, these are just a FEW ... there are more in the April 2005 Archives and even more in other 2005 archives.

Perhaps we need to set up a little intellectual game of chance to see which of the old, DIS-proven lies will be recycled in the next Random House/Sony legal filings?

1 Comments:

Blogger Clark Braxton said...

From what I have been able to determine, the media are waiting for Random House's response and then will quote that extensively while being lazy enough to avoid reading yours or your blog.

Wed Jan 18, 09:05:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home