PLEASE READ THESE FACTS FIRST:

  • Random House sued ME; not the other way around.
  • Random House filed suit to silence the facts I was posting on the web.
  • There has been NO trial on the facts, only the Random House effort to prevent a trial.
  • NO expert testimony was allowed despite three international plagiarism experts who were willing to testif that it existed.
  • The only sworn statements made under penalty of perjury are affidavits from me and my experts, nothing from RH.
  • The judge refused to consider any expert analysis.
  • Despite suing me first, Random House & Sony UNsuccessfully demanded that I pay the $310,000 in legal fees they spent to sue me.
  • Contrary to the Random House spin, I am not alleging plagiarism of general issues, but of several hundred very specific ones.
  • This is not about money. Anything I win goes to charity.

Legal filings and the expert witness reports are HERE

I have a second blog, Writopia
which focuses on Dan Brown's pattern of falsehoods
and embellishment of his personal achievements.


Thursday, April 28, 2005

Cooking the Truth Smells

Page 14 of the April 22, 2005 filing from Random House contains the grossest possible distortion of my words and meaning.

"Perdue concedes in his Counterclaim, (paragraph 83, pp.34-35), that the underlying history in Daughter 'is largely adapted from modern interpretations of the relationship between Gnosticism and Christianity; the most influential of these is probably The Gnostic Gospels By Elaine Pagels'."

But that's NOT what the document says.

If you go to my Counterclaim, (paragraph 83, pp.34-35, you will find that Random House's misrepresentation completely changes the meaning. Their partial quote refers NOT to "the underlying history in Daughter" as Random House falsely states, but to only one set of narrowly drawn conversations.

The accurate quote, as you can see from the actual court filing, is:

"The later ecclesiastical history described in Seth's, Zoe's and Hans Morgen's lengthy soliloquies is largely adapted from modern interpretations of the relationship between Gnosticism and Christianity; the most influential of these is probably The Gnostic Gospels By Elaine Pagels."

My expression of how history and theology come into play in all my works covers a wide span of both, using interpretations and my own "what if" creations to make a given point.

As we'll see in the next post, there is not a single page in their April 22, 2005 filing that does not engage in this ethically borderline practice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home