PLEASE READ THESE FACTS FIRST:

  • Random House sued ME; not the other way around.
  • Random House filed suit to silence the facts I was posting on the web.
  • There has been NO trial on the facts, only the Random House effort to prevent a trial.
  • NO expert testimony was allowed despite three international plagiarism experts who were willing to testif that it existed.
  • The only sworn statements made under penalty of perjury are affidavits from me and my experts, nothing from RH.
  • The judge refused to consider any expert analysis.
  • Despite suing me first, Random House & Sony UNsuccessfully demanded that I pay the $310,000 in legal fees they spent to sue me.
  • Contrary to the Random House spin, I am not alleging plagiarism of general issues, but of several hundred very specific ones.
  • This is not about money. Anything I win goes to charity.

Legal filings and the expert witness reports are HERE

I have a second blog, Writopia
which focuses on Dan Brown's pattern of falsehoods
and embellishment of his personal achievements.


Friday, September 09, 2005

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished

Random House lawyers today formally rejected my offer to drop my valid and well-documented infringement claim for more Katrina relief donations.

That's fine by me. We will (eventually) get a trial, and we will get Dan Brown in court under oath.

Again, I'd ask: what is Random House trying so deaperately to hide that they fear a public trial? Why will Dan Brown not testify under oath that he did NOT plagiarize me?

The rejection of my offer means that those questions WILL be answered one way or another, in court or out. Preferably both.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read your blog regularly but this is my first comment. I have to say that I'm glad Random House rejected your offer. You have a good heart and it is certainly in the right place with the Katrina disaster.

However, a crime has been committed and it is your right to follow it through to the end.
Plagarism is stealing. Stealing is against the law. Period.

Stay strong and don't give up.

Fri Sep 09, 07:39:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Lewis Perdue said...

Thank you! Right now my immediate fight is to keep them from forcing me into bankruptcy.

They started the legal battle and now THEY want ME to pay THEIR legal bills ... hundreds of thousands of dollars!

Please tell everyone you know. I'm finishing off a blog post with details ...will be up in a few minutes.

Fri Sep 09, 07:54:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home