PLEASE READ THESE FACTS FIRST:

  • Random House sued ME; not the other way around.
  • Random House filed suit to silence the facts I was posting on the web.
  • There has been NO trial on the facts, only the Random House effort to prevent a trial.
  • NO expert testimony was allowed despite three international plagiarism experts who were willing to testif that it existed.
  • The only sworn statements made under penalty of perjury are affidavits from me and my experts, nothing from RH.
  • The judge refused to consider any expert analysis.
  • Despite suing me first, Random House & Sony UNsuccessfully demanded that I pay the $310,000 in legal fees they spent to sue me.
  • Contrary to the Random House spin, I am not alleging plagiarism of general issues, but of several hundred very specific ones.
  • This is not about money. Anything I win goes to charity.

Legal filings and the expert witness reports are HERE

I have a second blog, Writopia
which focuses on Dan Brown's pattern of falsehoods
and embellishment of his personal achievements.


Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Leona Valley Reader Decries Random House Distortions

A reader from Leona Valley California emailed me last night with some very new, interesting and highly useful information about the case.

However, he also wrote, "Don't you think your posts are getting monotonous with the many comparisons showing how Random House has distorted things? It's clear that they are deliberately avoiding an accurate picture of the facts.

Look, it's a fact: lawyers lie. That's their job. They're not after the truth. They'll do anything, anything to win a case. It is all about winning, not about truth, justice, and that is the American way."

Yeah, I'd agree with Leona Valley if it wasn't my career at stake and my work that has been ripped off. And yes, there ARE a LOT of these errors. And yes, Random House lawyers HAVE twisted and distorted things so that ot appears I have NOT done things that I HAVE done. They have presented my own words in such a dishonest was as to make them appear totally opposite of what I actually said.

I'll get back to some of those distortions with specific examples and links to court documents and other sources that verify my words starting with the next post.

I would like to say that I am not naive enough to think that all courts are about justice. I grew up in Mississippi at a time when the courts were an instrument of oppression.

However, I refuse to believe that every lawyer holds the truth in as much contempt as the Random House lawyers seem to by their actions.

I continue to pray that the truth will prevail.

After all, Mark Twain said it best: "When you tell the truth, you don't have to remember what you said."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home