PLEASE READ THESE FACTS FIRST:

  • Random House sued ME; not the other way around.
  • Random House filed suit to silence the facts I was posting on the web.
  • There has been NO trial on the facts, only the Random House effort to prevent a trial.
  • NO expert testimony was allowed despite three international plagiarism experts who were willing to testif that it existed.
  • The only sworn statements made under penalty of perjury are affidavits from me and my experts, nothing from RH.
  • The judge refused to consider any expert analysis.
  • Despite suing me first, Random House & Sony UNsuccessfully demanded that I pay the $310,000 in legal fees they spent to sue me.
  • Contrary to the Random House spin, I am not alleging plagiarism of general issues, but of several hundred very specific ones.
  • This is not about money. Anything I win goes to charity.

Legal filings and the expert witness reports are HERE

I have a second blog, Writopia
which focuses on Dan Brown's pattern of falsehoods
and embellishment of his personal achievements.


Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Ahamedd Saaddoodeen, Redux

Back on May 15, 2005, I offered a reward for the person who could untangle the mystery of Ahamedd Saaddoodeen, an alias which data indicates has been used by Dan Brown's wife, Blythe, since about 1979 and continuing up to the present day. Read those two previous blog posts for the specific details.

The "name" appears to be made up, a code for something.

Today, I received an email from an Arizona man who is tackling the puzzle and has come up with a number of intriguing possibilities:
  • demons ado dead ahead
  • a deed a shade and doom
  • o so damned dead ahead
  • a shade a deed and doom
  • doom a deed and a shade
  • shade a deed and a doom
  • o ado ashamed dead end
  • ado o ashamed dead end
  • o ashamed and dead ode
  • o does he add a dead man
  • o he does add a dead man
  • o a dead man he does add
In his email, the Arizona writer also added:

"I really know nothing about any of this. I just re-arranged the letters... all of them seem to share that sophomoric, quasi-poetic cheesiness which was the defining characteristic of the anagrams in 'The DaVinci Code' (& pretty much the whole book, which I read in about 6 hours - I thought it was stupid, but it was a page turner, that's for sure...)

"I haven't read your books, but it does seem as if you've gotten a bit of a raw deal & Dan Brown seems like a real jerk.

The reason I think Dan Brown is a jerk is because I am a composer, musician & keyboard player. I do not appreciate people who claim other people's creations as their own. The way he credits his "CDs" & his musical experiences makes it obvious to anyone in the business this is bogus. I know lots of people who self-publish their own music -- I don't know any of them who say their music was "released" unless it was picked up by an actual record label, meaning -- someone paid them to make it, rather than them paying for it themselves.

I am intimately familiar with this type of person - there are ALWAYS lurkers & wanna-be's in the halls of music schools or writing programs - people who really have absolutely no aptitude for the skill they are pretending to learn, but seem to have an uncanny ability to jump through hoops, kiss ass & figure out ways to get famous with other people's ideas.

With all the funny business going on in the publishing world today (Frey, JT what's-is-face, the Indian guy, etc.. etc..) I wouldn't be a bit surprised to learn that Dan Brown's wife is the real author of these books & his claim to have written them is a purposeful attempt at defeating the legal system which prosecutes these matters since the person who ACTUALLY wrote them does not ACTUALLY have to go on trial. that's not to mention the potential motivation of the publishers to stir up controversy/publicity any way they can.

Now that Mr. Brown has 70 million books worth of $ in his bank account & Random House has what could be an ongoing multi-million $ franchise I doubt anyone can afford to uncover his secret plagiaristic ways. Maybe someone should write a thriller about that!

"good luck to you... "

17 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

Interesting. Did you read his puzzles for Digital Fortress? It's this types of thing: letter groupings and the like.

"Brown's wife, Blythe Brown, and Ohio University librarian Stan Planton scoured religious and historical texts on Brown's behalf as he wrote his novel, typing up notes and in some instances, copying parts of the 1982 book, James said."

And others I'd say.

Check it out. Helena Independent Record

Tue Feb 28, 07:44:00 PM PST  
Blogger Lewis Perdue said...

Yep. And since the Ahamedd Saaddoodeen thing is hers long before meeting Dan, that makes one wonder whether Blythe is either the true author or co-author of books bearing his name (as has happened with previous books ... according to US Copyright office records.)

And there in lies some truth that RH can't afford to have known ... sort of like the Catholic Church and its awesome secrets, right?

Wed Mar 01, 08:20:00 AM PST  
Blogger Mark said...

Sort of indeed. But team writing is quite common except they don't hide it as with James D. Macdonald and Debrorah Doyle for example also of NH. One does wonder why, or if, it is him typing in the shack. She's the researcher and he's the prose guy? She researched read and pilfered your books and this one. That's where DVC came from and since Brown didn't read them himself, his statements are literally true.

Wed Mar 01, 08:57:00 AM PST  
Blogger Lewis Perdue said...

And quite possibly why Blythe is not there.

They DO need to subpoena her and Jason Kaufman

Wed Mar 01, 09:28:00 AM PST  
Blogger Mark said...

They should especially since she is with Brown in London. She's on the tape.

Wed Mar 01, 12:12:00 PM PST  
Blogger Lewis Perdue said...

The "tape?"

Wed Mar 01, 12:55:00 PM PST  
Blogger Mark said...

Yeah the tape of them arriving in London. She's with him. I don't remember where I saw it but I played it from MSNBC I think.

The code of these letter doesn't seem to be a Caesar's Box. It doesn't spell anything in this formula.

http://www.danbrown.com/secrets/digital_fortress/hint2.html

Wed Mar 01, 01:01:00 PM PST  
Blogger Mark said...

I'm having some trouble finding the folm clip but this picture of them is in yahoo.

Browns Arrive

Wed Mar 01, 01:10:00 PM PST  
Blogger Lewis Perdue said...

Thanks for the photos ... I watch MSNBC but missed that clip ... You know anyone who's good at decoding things?

Wed Mar 01, 01:14:00 PM PST  
Blogger Mark said...

Apparently it isn't me. Not really. I ran it through Brown's methodology thinking it might spell something. I couldn't find the clip anywhere. It's so far in the hole now it can't be found I guess. That's her in the picture though.

Wed Mar 01, 04:59:00 PM PST  
Blogger para mim said...

That name... It makes me remember Saladin...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saladin

Thu Mar 02, 03:46:00 PM PST  
Blogger Lewis Perdue said...

Yes, it is phonetically similar.

Thu Mar 02, 03:52:00 PM PST  
Blogger para mim said...

Like: "I meet Saladin"?! Or "I've met Saladin"? Also, a "Mede" is the name of a inhabitant of ancient persia...

Thu Mar 02, 04:27:00 PM PST  
Blogger Lewis Perdue said...

That's very perceptive!

The multilingual permutations and combinations are astounding.

I did something like that with my 1988 financial/globalization thriller, Zaibatsu.

Now, Zaibatsu is a Japanese term referring to very large integrated global business conglomerates.

But I chose it because the phonetic pronunciation sounds like the French language equivalent of, "I haven't got a cent."

French is one of my better languages, but God only knows what Blythe had in mind with this one.

I'd think that perhaps the only way we'll solve this is by having Blythe Brown on the witness stand.

Thu Mar 02, 06:59:00 PM PST  
Blogger Mark said...

I just who it was that posted under this name on Goldberg's blog that day out of the blue. Ususally "Ahmed" is used this way. I don't what she's doing except copying other people's books.

Thu Mar 02, 07:09:00 PM PST  
Blogger Mark said...

That was how a post looks without verbs. I don't care for it in retropsect.

Thu Mar 02, 07:11:00 PM PST  
Blogger Lewis Perdue said...

Yeah, verbs are our friends ... usually!

Thu Mar 02, 07:33:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home