PLEASE READ THESE FACTS FIRST:

  • Random House sued ME; not the other way around.
  • Random House filed suit to silence the facts I was posting on the web.
  • There has been NO trial on the facts, only the Random House effort to prevent a trial.
  • NO expert testimony was allowed despite three international plagiarism experts who were willing to testif that it existed.
  • The only sworn statements made under penalty of perjury are affidavits from me and my experts, nothing from RH.
  • The judge refused to consider any expert analysis.
  • Despite suing me first, Random House & Sony UNsuccessfully demanded that I pay the $310,000 in legal fees they spent to sue me.
  • Contrary to the Random House spin, I am not alleging plagiarism of general issues, but of several hundred very specific ones.
  • This is not about money. Anything I win goes to charity.

Legal filings and the expert witness reports are HERE

I have a second blog, Writopia
which focuses on Dan Brown's pattern of falsehoods
and embellishment of his personal achievements.


Monday, May 16, 2005

Trial: Doing Justice To The Truth

There are two good reasons for a trial:

1. I mentioned one back on May 10 when I wrote that the complexity of my works and the Da Vinci Code -- the symbolism, hidden meanings, intertwined interpretations and expressions of history and religion -- takes this case several steps beyond something that can easily be decided by the "Lay Observer" test. Even Random House, on page 3 of their April 22, 2005 filing called the books "two complex novels."

This is a really good opportunity for an intellectually sharp judge to move beyond the obvious.

2. Unless we have a trial, we will never put finally to rest a lot of issues like:


  • Did Dan Brown and/or someone working with him plagiarize my work?
  • Why would Dan Brown not testify under oath that he didn't plagiarize me?
  • What role did Jason Kaufman play?
  • Who really did the research?
  • Who really wrote The Da Vinci Code?
  • Why has Blythe Brown sustained a strange alias, Ahamedd Saaddoodeen, for more than 25 years?
  • Why does Random House think their case is so shaky that they have to misrepresent the truth?
  • Why can Random House NOT afford to allow this to go to trial?


Without a trial, the sludge and the tarnish and the taint will never be cleared away.

That's why I'm not stopping until I get a trial. That's why Random House can't allow it.

I have everything to gain from a trial where the truth comes out. Random House has everything to lose from the truth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home