PLEASE READ THESE FACTS FIRST:

  • Random House sued ME; not the other way around.
  • Random House filed suit to silence the facts I was posting on the web.
  • There has been NO trial on the facts, only the Random House effort to prevent a trial.
  • NO expert testimony was allowed despite three international plagiarism experts who were willing to testif that it existed.
  • The only sworn statements made under penalty of perjury are affidavits from me and my experts, nothing from RH.
  • The judge refused to consider any expert analysis.
  • Despite suing me first, Random House & Sony UNsuccessfully demanded that I pay the $310,000 in legal fees they spent to sue me.
  • Contrary to the Random House spin, I am not alleging plagiarism of general issues, but of several hundred very specific ones.
  • This is not about money. Anything I win goes to charity.

Legal filings and the expert witness reports are HERE

I have a second blog, Writopia
which focuses on Dan Brown's pattern of falsehoods
and embellishment of his personal achievements.


Monday, April 11, 2005

Thanks to Laura Miller, Salon

My thanks to Laura Miller for the title of this blog which comes from her article in Salon entitled, "The Da Vinci Crock." (Article is free, no registration but you will have to look at a quick advertisement.)

Ms. Miller offers a stunningly concise roundup of why she thinks the Code is, in her words, a "crock."

My goal with this blog is to provide as complete a resource as possible for the many well-documented books, articles and blogs that have likewise detected the bull offal essence of the Code. Prodigious quantities of this essence has been detected. To hold it all would require a Congressional-sized crock.

I will also use this to keep people up to date on my legal battle over the Crock as well.

My lawyers made new filings in court on Frida, April 8, and I'll be posting them as soon as I have time.

Two significant things about the new filings:

First, we have expanded the number of significant infringements considerably. It seems that every time a new expert takes a look at the works, OR an existing expert takes another look, more and more and more infringements come out of the woodwork.

As a result, there are a LOT more details in my new filings and a LOT MORE which we simply did not have allotted space to detail.

Second, that reference to "allotted space" in the previous sentence refers to the fact that the Court has restricted filings to a maximum of 40, double-spaced pages. We have found so many new infringements that go to the very heart of the books that the lawyers had to forego information dealing with Da Vinci Legacy and concentrate on just Daughter of God.

In other words, because of space limitations and new infringement data, we had to ignore (for these filings) the hard evidence of infringement between Da Vinci Legacy and Code.

We also had to omit some of the specific details of the new Daughter of God infringements that were found. I'll post some of them on this blog as well.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

Good article.

"In reality, the Priory of Sion was the invention, in the 1950s, of a man named Pierre Plantard who had a history of fraud, embezzlement and membership in ultra-conservative, quasi-mystical and virulently anti-Semitic Catholic groups."

Perfect. Just what one would expect of the truth in the claim on its face.

Mon Apr 11, 08:55:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Lewis Perdue said...

Yes, and ANYONE who has done ANY research on the topic (as Brown CLAIMS) would find that the Priory of Sion was a fraud and that the fraud was well known.

Wed Apr 13, 01:54:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Lewis Perdue said...

My petition to the Supreme Court can be found here.

Thu Aug 17, 02:09:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home