PLEASE READ THESE FACTS FIRST:

  • Random House sued ME; not the other way around.
  • Random House filed suit to silence the facts I was posting on the web.
  • There has been NO trial on the facts, only the Random House effort to prevent a trial.
  • The only sworn statements made under penalty of perjury are affidavits from me and my experts, nothing from RH.
  • The judge refused to consider any expert analysis.
  • Despite suing me first, Random House & Sony UNsuccessfully demanded that I pay the $310,000 in legal fees they spent to sue me.
  • Contrary to the Random House spin, I am not alleging plagiarism of general issues, but of several hundred very specific ones.
  • This is not about money. Anything I win goes to charity.

Legal filings and the expert witness reports are HERE

I have a second blog, Writopia
which focuses on Dan Brown's pattern of falsehoods
and embellishment of his personal achievements.


Monday, December 03, 2007

Author who sued Dan Brown dies

Well, even though Random House's well-documented distortions and misrepresentations have smeared me, and turned me into publishing's bĂȘte noir, that's clearly better than this:

Friday November 30, 2007
Guardian Unlimited

Author who sued Dan Brown dies

Richard Leigh, a writer of alternative history who unsuccessfully sued for plagiarism over themes in Dan Brown's blockbuster novel The Da Vinci Code, has died, his agent said today. He was 64.

US-born Leigh, who had lived in Britain for three decades, died in London on November 21 from causes related to a heart condition, the Jonathan Clowes Agency said.

More at: http://books.guardian.co.uk/danbrown/story/0,,2219843,00.html

1 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

Yeah that's the toughest. Pity they made such a pathetic case against the Browns. So are you saying you've been blacklisted of sorts Lew? Like that TOR repercussion. That really stinks.

Brown has disappeared. Of course with that kind of dough. I mean. I'm close to having a publishable novel for the first time. I have an editing partner and some connections. Here's hoping. Good luck. Let's see another thriller.

Sat Jan 12, 06:35:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home